woensdag 28 juli 2021

Resistance hide-out

 I've painted quite a few partisans to be used for the Eastern Front, and I figured they needed somewhere to live.

Details of partisan encampments are sketchy to say the least, so I had to improvise. 

I decided to do a semi-dug in structure with a canvas roof, purely because it's something I would and could have built under the same circumstances.

I also decided to make it CD-based, since after all it wasn't just a building but also a bit of terrain.

I started off with a building method I feel comfortable with: styrene, clad with coffee stirrer planks. The roof beams thought they were going to be barbeque skewers.



Primed with chalk paint. The terrain built up with a mix of dried sand and diluted white wood glue, which gives in a rock hard result. 


Wash with diluted acrylic paint. Floor muddied.


The canvas roof originally was a tissue - a clean one, I must stress.


Canvas painted and given an improvised camo pattern.



Almost all the comforts of home deep in the forest.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten