dinsdag 14 mei 2019

Village school paper model

The other day I finished my latest paper model a Dutch village school (though it also comes with Flemish and German signs).



As is so often the case, I found inspiration in regional surviving and disappeared buildings. Elements from several buildings were used, but the former Wildervank example below supplied the basic design.


I started off with the basic design, much easier to correct a blank model than a decorated one.





Decorating came next. I use Neopaint, which allows one to make stamps for recurring items like windows, and brick surfaces.



Black and white test print, and the colour version (a bad and a good one) of  a model sheet.



And what the reult of the above page ended up as.



Completed first test build. Not too bad, but you may notice the decorative top edge at the rear, far wing is missing. That is what test builds are for...


So, an improved final version was built.




See top pics for the finished school building.

Like all of my (well over 700) paper models I donated it to charity whose volunteer treasurer I am. It will be sold in various scales via the foundation's webshops.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten