vrijdag 13 augustus 2021

Wild West supplies store

Coffey Gulch, my Wild West pioneer settlement, needed a store.

Wild West pioneer buildings often went through three stages: tent, fake fronted tent, and completely wooden structure. For this project I went with the middle stage.


I have a supply of rough cut 3,5mm wooden "beams," ideally suited for model buildings.
The floor is made out of coffee stirrers.
The front wall is styreen, with matchstick window and door frames. 


The completed basic structure.



Finding the right slapped on paint look took some trying.


The "Supplies" store sign was printed with Word, and glued on styrene.
The floor was dirtied whuile I could still get to it.


A styrene edge made the sign more realistic.


More attempts to get the front colours right.





The roof was covered with (unused) tissue.


I gave the tissue canvas a wash with diluted white wood glue to both strengthen it and give it a more worn look.


Roof painted with broken white acrylic paint.


A final wash with diluted brown acrylic.



Simple materials, simple sketch, but I ended up with a nice addition to my wargames table.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten